Just as we’ve searched high and low to decent hosting to recommend to our clients, we also keep an eye out for the best options on many other Internet services. Here we share our preferred CDN. If and when we find a better one—based on our criteria of affordable, reliable, global, and providing all essential features (such as full SSL support right off the bat)—we’ll update this post.
Our current favourite is KeyCDN. Here’s why:
- Very affordable: If your site is doing 10GB of traffic in a month (which is way more than the average website does) it’ll cost just $0.40 a month. That’s practically giving the service away.
- Free SSL support: Many CDN providers only provide SSL support for an additional fee. Cloudflare have a free account option, but it doesn’t provide SSL support. Then their lowest level paid account is more than KeyCDN.
CDN For Our Clients
If you are a client of Inspired Earth, for a nominal monthly cost we offer a full SSL enabled CDN service via KeyCDN. This is just one of the many ways we ensure any site developed or maintained by us loads as quickly, and with minimal fuss. Configuring a CDN (especially with SSL and with your own domain such as cdn.yourdomain.com) can be a daunting task. We take care of all that for our clients, as part of developing and/or maintaining their website.
All the advanced features are included in KeyCDN‘s content delivery service.
- HTTP/2 Support
- Instant Let’s Encrypt SSL (free)
- Origin Shield
- Secure Token
- RESTful API
- 100% SSD-Optimized Edge Servers
- Fast TCP Stack
- Instant Purge
- Real-Time Stats
- 25 Data Center Locations
- Full HTTPS/SSL support at no extra cost